(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20.6.10

FAIRY FLOSS FOR HORSES?


This field, which I pass often, usually has a couple of horses in it and it struck me one day that the paddock looks like fairy floss when the light is right. It's commonly called Natal grass and grows everywhere and always reminds me of my teen years because of a book I loved which described this very grass (Pastures of the Blue Crane by Hesba Brinsmead-Hungerford ). Just now though there seem to be any number of pink grasses growing around the Sunshine Coast (including sugar cane) and I can't help noticing all the different ones, whether they're cultivated or growing wild along roadsides and in paddocks. I might be obsessed actually. Perhaps it's time I went out to pasture?
[edit: to fuel/prove my obsession, (top) I present this cultivated grass from a garden down the road]

No comments:

Post a Comment