(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

27.7.12

"BELL" OF THE GARDEN BALL


I first saw this plant at a friend's house in Melbourne however, she didn't know its name and I forgot about it until I recently went to the Qld Garden Expo and discovered its name: Brazillian Bell Flower. I was sorely tempted to buy one but I knew that with my brown thumb I would be putting a death sentence on the poor thing. Best to enjoy the photos.
 I believe they are related to the hibiscus and you can see why
This is the example we saw at the Expo which was actually 3 plants trained to grow like a standard rose and fall in a beautiful shower of flowers. It had 'fatter' looking flowers than my friend's large, unruly shrub; more like the Chinese Lantern to which it is also related.