(and sometimes the beast!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9.3.18

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS...

It's been 5 months since I last posted. Apologies, but this was initially due to major upheavals in my life, including the sudden death of our mother.  Then there was the drama of selling my house (then Mum's) and finding another residence but was topped off with trying to access the blog because I had no patience with Google. Hair tearing time.  While I wasn't looking, Google took over somehow but it seems I'm back on board, thanks to Pam. We're both getting on with our lives as orphans (onwards) and I'm now living in Maleny (upwards).  Here is a slice of the wildlife I've found here...
Some old favourites like the green cat bird...
A new one (to me), an Eastern yellow bellied robin, spotted at Ewen Maddock Dam during an excursion...
Will be going back to Baroon Dam in search of more of these little chaps. It was so hot the day I was there and my battery ran out before I could capture one of them in front of the foliage...
At the old house I had brush tailed possums dancing on my roof, here the locals are ring tailed... 
Every time I venture out the door, lots of skinks disappear into the gardens. I'm told we have black snakes too but (touch wood) haven't seen any yet...
This guy caught my eye through the window..
I've spotted a quite a few different butterflies through my lounge windows, usually flying too fast for me to get a shot. This one is a Maccleays swallow tail and is small; quite the challenge to focus on him while the wind was blowing that branch around too.

No comments:

Post a Comment